Each December, the Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce hosts its Holiday Toy Drive Breakfast in partnership with WSFS Bank. WSFS branches will be collecting toys Nov. 4-Dec. 8. WSFS staff members will also be on hand Dec. 5 at the Old-Fashioned Christmas Parade to collect new, unwrapped toys along the parade route and at the toy drop-off table located on High Street between Market and Gay.
“For the fourth year in a row, WSFS Bank is honored to support the Old-Fashioned Christmas Toy Drive in West Chester,” says Shari Kruzinski, senior vice president of Retail Banking at WSFS Bank. “At WSFS, we take great pride in giving back to our communities. We’re excited to play a role in bringing holiday cheer to local children in need.”
Toys collected through the 2014 WSFS Old-Fashioned Christmas Toy Drive will be presented to three important organizations:
- Maternal and Child Health Consortium: Located in downtown West Chester, Maternal and Child Health Consortium’s programs ensure that pregnant women and their families get medical coverage, prenatal care and early education. Types of donations appreciated: Educational toys or books for young children, infant clothing, diapers, grocery-store and Wawa gift cards. www.CCMCHC.org
- Home of the Sparrow: Based in Exton, Home of the Sparrow works to end homelessness for women and children in Chester County by providing access to housing, education and support services. Types of donations appreciated: Educational toys or books for infants through middle-school-age children, small stocking-stuffer toys, grocery-store, Wawa, Target and Walmart gift cards. www.homeofthesparrow.org
- Partners in Outreach: Founded in 2010 in Exton and Chester Springs, Partners in Outreach connects communities in need with those who want to give, creating initiatives like the Literacy Program, Operation Easter Outfit, Pantry Partners and Summer Camp Partners. Types of donations appreciated: New elementary-school children’s books, Barnes & Noble and Target gift cards. www.partnersinoutreach.org
WSFS BANK drop-off locations
- West Chester: 400 E. Market St.
- Edgmont: 5000 West Chester Pike
- Media: 100 E. State St.
- Glen Mills: 395 Wilmington Pike
- Longwood: 826 E. Baltimore Pike, Kennett Square
Additional West Chester drop-off locations
- Parkway Cleaners: 623 E. Gay St.
- Side Bar & Restaurant: 10 E. Gay St.
- Market Street Print & Copy: 204 W. Market St.
- La Difference Salon & Day Spa: 830 Paoli Pike
- Chester County Bar Association: 15 W. Gay St. (2nd Floor)