Every one needs a break every now and then. Stay on top of your wellness by pausing your everyday routine and integrating some of these fun and relaxing activities.
1. Let off some steam (and try something new) with an axe-throwing session in Malvern or West Chester. Try Splitting Edge Axe Throwing or Stumpy’s Hatchet House.
2. Tap into your creative side with a painting class at Main Line Art Center, Wayne Art Center or the Chester County Art Association.
3. Read aloud to preschoolers at a library summer reading program or weekday story time.
4. Serve up kid-friendly finger foods and connect from the comfort of home over the new Main Line Monopoly board game.
5. Hike one of the many of Natural Lands preserves in the area. Take the “Find Yourself Outside” challenge and earn a T-shirt.
6. Refresh for the new year with a cut and color or a professional shave at a local salon. Find one here.
7. Reboot your mind and body with 60 minutes of float therapy at Ardmore’s Main Line Float and Freeze. The salt-saturated water is a natural pain and stress reliever.
8. Declutter and donate gently used clothes, books, toys or furniture to relief efforts or a Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
9. Cuddle up as a family with an audiobook, popcorn and blankets.
10. Get lost in the groove of some great live music at 118 North and Ardmore Music Hall.
11. Disconnect with a day at the spa. View our guide to spas in the area.
12. Plan an icebreaker for a family meal the same way you would for a client at icebreakers.ws.
13. Volunteer to tutor an ESL adult at a local library.
14. Step into your kids’ world and learn to play a videogame on YouTube—then challenge junior to a game at home.
15. Schedule some personal time at Malvern Retreat House for unparalleled space to think—or refrain from it.
16. Joining a pickleball league is great for your physical and mental wellness. Check out Next Level Indoor Sports in Chester Springs.
17. Bike, walk or run from Phoenixville to Philly on the scenic 26-mile Schuylkill River Trail or from Exton to Valley Forge on the 14-mile Chester Valley Trail.
18. Give yourself 30 minutes to do something you enjoy.
19. Learn how to skydive, sans plane, at iFly.
20. Dish up some hospitality as a volunteer at a local soup kitchen.
Related: 12 Wellness Must-Tries From Main Line Purveyors