Main Line Today‘s online calendar is user-generated, with events submitted largely by the community. At the beginning of each week, our digital editor reviews and approves submissions. Please note that although most submissions are approved, our editorial team maintains the right to decide whether or not an event is appropriate and appealing for our audience.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to submit an event to our calendar.
How to Submit an Event
- Go to calendar.mainlinetoday.com.
- Click the “Add Event” button in the top right corner. If you’ve never submitted an event with us before, create an account. If you have, sign into your account.
- Click the “Add Event” button in the top right corner.
- Fill in your event title.
- Add the location of your event.
- Add the start and end times.
- Summarize your event under “Short Summary.” This section should be a brief overview and has a 160-character limit.
- Under “Main Description,” add all your event details and information. This can be as long as needed.
- Add images and video. You can include media that showcases your event, with up to 10 images and one video allowed. All images and videos will be cropped to fit 1000 x 540px.
- Fill in ticketing info under “Tickets.” You can include different ticket prices if applicable.
- Under “Collections,” select which collection best fits your event.
- Submit your event by hitting “Save Event.” After that, an admin will review and publish if/when approved.
- Once the event is published, you can feature it more prominently on our calendar by paying for promotion through a self-serve ad portal.
What if my venue isn’t listed?
You can create a new venue by going to “Locations” and selecting “New Location.” Fill out the form and submit. From then on, you and other users will be able to create events at that venue. Keep in mind that your venue might already be listed, so please check beforehand to avoid duplicates. If your event is virtual, you can select “Zoom” or “Online” among the venue offerings.
What if my category isn’t listed?
Our categories are decided by our editorial team and cannot be changed. Our “Miscellaneous” category is designed to house anything that’s not a perfect fit in the other categories.
What does Specific Date vs. Series of Dates vs. Ongoing Date Range mean?
Specific Date refers to an event that happens on one day only (i.e. May 5, 4-9 p.m.); Series of Dates refers to an event with recurring dates (i.e. May 5, 4-9 p.m., and May 10, 2-3 p.m., and June 2, 5-8 p.m.); Ongoing Date Range refers to an event happening over the course of multiple days (i.e. May 5 through June 2).
How do I know if my event has been approved?
Please allow us at least one week to review your event for approval. You can check the status of your event by logging in and going to the event you created and then “Promote,” which will tell you whether we have approved it or not.
Can I get additional promotion for my event?
Yes! We offer advertising opportunities to promote events on our calendar. Select “Promote” in your account to promote approved events or fill out this form for additional promotion opportunities, such as in our newsletter and on social media.
Stay Informed With All Things Main Line
For the latest Main Line happenings and updates, sign up for our newsletter here.