The Wellness Community of Philadelphia’s seventh annual “In Fashion!” luncheon and fashion show on Nov. 16 featured Valley Forge native and designer Tory Burch and her fabulous Holiday 2009 Collection. NBC 10’s Lu Ann Cahn and singer Lauren Hart were among the 13 beautiful models—and for the first time, all the models were cancer survivors. Over 250 people attended the show at Gulph Mills Golf Club.
The day also included a silent auction and a pop-up store where guests could get a jump-start on their holiday shopping. Cocktails with Burch occurred the evening before at the Bryn Mawr home of Robert and Patty Isen. Over $70,000 was raised by these events, thanks to the generosity of Burch and the hard work of the “In Fashion!” committee led by co-chairs Jill Durovsik and Patty Isen.
During an interview while she was in town, Burch revealed that she’s been scouting locations for an eponymous boutique in the Philadelphia region—finally! And from what I saw featured during the fashion show, I had to put together a “wish list” of all-things-Burch that I would love to see under my tree this year:
1. Nova Dress: NBC 10 reporter Lu Ann Kahn looked dazzling in this Milano wool sheath dress with removable multi-chain necklace detail. A girl can definitely never have too many little black dresses, and this is one I’d be happy to add to my collection.
2. Mairin Pump: OK, I’m absolutely more of a Tory Burch ballet flat kind of girl (which I’m currently loving in the new silver snake print), but when I saw how unbelievably hot these ultra-fierce shoes with killer five-inch platform heels and back zippers looked on the models, I had to wonder if I should be giving myself a lift a little more often.
3. Rounded Aviator Sunglasses: Although none of the models were sporting these shades during the show, I’ve had my eye on Burch’s new sunglasses collection since it launched this past fall. These aviators are so chic, I’d like to get a few pairs in various colors.
4. Verbena Top and Inga Skirt: This vibrant silk charmeuse seersucker with string tie detail at the V-neck, paired with a flirty mini that’s complete with bow belt detail, is part of Burch’s 2010 resort collection. I love it. Now, I just have to plan a trip to an exotic locale this winter so I can wear it.
5. Vintage Metallic Wristlet: I’m not a fan of carrying a purse, but I never can resist a sleek wristlet for stashing all my essentials. This one is just the right size, and the metallic-gold color is perfect for dressy evenings out. That said, I’m also loving the distressed metallic logo clutch with chain shoulder strap. I’ll take one of each, please!
See toryburch.com for more.
Summer flash sale ... subscribe and save 50%
Limited time offer. New subscribers only.