FOREST & Main Beer//Photo by Nina Lea Photography
Manatawny Still Works
To elevate the experience and to allow guests to compare and contrast what Vermont does best with prized Philadelphia-area creations, the following local producers will be represented at the event:
• Cheesemakers from Birchrun Hills Farm, Yellow Springs Farm and The Farm at Doe Run
• Distillers from Philadelphia Distilling and Manatawny Still Works
• Brewers from Forest & Main Brewing Company.
Best of all, the participating producers will offer samples of similar products (i.e. distillers will all serve gin), so attendees can discover the regional nuances that come into play with each handcrafted creation.
Passed hors d’oeuvres utilizing regionally-sourced ingredients will be an extra delicious perk of the affair. Expect the small bite compositions to be crafted with produce from the following farms:
• Sawmill Brook Farm of Greensboro, Vermont
• True Leaf Farm of Kimberton
• Lancaster Farm Fresh Cooperative
• Green Meadows Farm in Gap
• Nectar’s own on-site garden.
To top off the evening, West Chester’s Eclat Chocolate will be on site to offer a sweet finale—some of its internationally-awarded chocolate.
A portion of the night’s proceeds will benefit Greener Partners of Collegeville. Cost is $125 per person. Reservations can be made by calling (610) 725-9000.
Nectar Restaurant, 1091 Lancaster Ave., Berwyn, www.tastenectar.com