Photo Courtesy of Agile Levin / Visit Turks and Caicos
Need a romantic getaway or maybe a break from the icy winter weather? Look no further than Turks and Caicos. Comprised of 40 islands, Providenciales is a perfect spot to unwind, thanks to its international airport and abundance of activities. Here are five things to do when you go.
- There are over a dozen white-sand beaches on the island. Off the beaten path, Leeward Beach is worth a visit for its pristine ocean views. Plus, it’s less crowded than popular Grace Bay.
- Watersports are abundant, including windsurfing, parasailing and tubing. While there, try the unique combination of snorkeling and scuba diving known as snuba at Grace Bay Beach.
- For astounding 360-degree views, take a romantic private sunset sail.
- Wade into the turquoise waters on a horseback ride near one of three stables on the island.
- Cap off a great day with a fun night. Seven Stars and Somerset resorts both offer beach bonfires and barbecues for visitors to unwind and nosh on great seafood and other edibles cooked over the fire.