Super Bowl Sunday may be over, but there are still plenty of reasons to cook up some tasty and festive dishes for a get-together. The new and—from what we hear—delicious Mexican restaurant in Fort Washington, Cantina Feliz, has given us a recipe for Crab Fundido (shall we say Mexican fondue?). Served hot from the oven, this hors d’oeuvre will be a hit!
• 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, crumbled
• 1 poblano pepper (or green bell pepper), seeded and julienned
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
• 1/4 cup minced chives
• 1/2 cup chopped scallions
• 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
• 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 cup cream cheese
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup Valentina hot sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• Kosher salt (to taste)
• Black pepper (to taste)
• Corn tortillas or tortilla chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a skillet, use medium heat to sauté the poblano pepper in olive oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain excess oil and set aside.
3. Using a plastic spatula or the beater attachment of a stand mixer, whip the cream cheese, sour cream and hot sauce together until combined, about 20 seconds. Fold the remaining ingredients in, except the cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses.
4. Transfer the crab mixture into a medium baking dish and top with the cheeses. Bake for 12-15 minutes in the oven until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
5. Serve with warm corn tortillas or tortilla chips.