Two refreshing drinks that are perfect for the end of summer.
The Desperado Margarita is an ornery combination of Olmeca Altos Plata Tequila, lime and raw sugar. Or cool off with the Tea Off, which combines Jim Beam, chamomile and citrus to land quite a kick.
TRY IT AT HOME …
• 1 1/2 oz. Olmeca Altos Plata Tequila
• 1 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1/2 oz. agave nectar
• lime wheel
In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, lime juice and agave with ice. Shake and strain into a margarita glass, then garnish rim with a lime wheel.
• 1 1/2 oz. Jim Beam Bourbon Whiskey
• 1/2 oz. Cointreau
• 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
• 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/4 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1/2 oz., chamomile syrup
• club soda
• lemon peel
In a cocktail shaker, combine bourbon, Cointreau, orange, lemon and lime juices, and chamomile syrup with ice. Shake, then strain into a glass of fresh ice. Top with club soda, and garnish with a lemon peel or twist.
Slow Hand, 30 N. Church St., West Chester, (484) 999-8638.